Thursday, July 5, 2012

Reading and Watching List for the Unemployed

Hello all 5 of my readers! Happy 5th! Sorry I didn't get a chance to write yesterday, I was exhausted after spending time with my niece!

So What do I do with all my time? Well I'm in school getting my M.A. so the work for that takes up a lot of my day. But when I'm not I read a LOT and I watch a LOT of TV. So here is what I am reading/watching this summer:

1) "Off the Menu" by Stacy Ballis. I read this in ONE day. Absolutely charming. The writing is clear and easy to read. A definite must read. Also has one of my favorite book doggies in it ever! Read in conjunction with:

2) "Jeneration X" What happens when terminal inner-child Jen Lancaster realizes its time to grow up? Well read to find out! "hilarious!" says Jon!

3) "My Name is Asher Lev" By Chaim Potok. Ok, I admit, this is a "HAVE TO READ" more than a "Want to read". Its required before my first day of insane 12 hour class days week a.k.a. Gratz College Summer Institute. However, the more i read, the more charmed I am by the book and the main character. Its about Asher Lev who grows up in a troubled Hasid family in Brooklyn and becomes an artist. DEF read!!

Watching


I've been eating up British TV lately, here are some of my fans


1) Sherlock: I am utterly, absolutely, totally in love with this show. Benedict Cumberbatch is such a phenomenal actor. The series, is obviously by its title, a reboot of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series. It takes place in the modern era and is just cool!

2) Rosemary and Thyme: This one was a surprise pleasure. 2 women, a former police officer whose husband has cheated on her, and a former college botany professor who got fired for dumping the chancellor of the university, team up to start a landscaping business and solve murders.

3) Marple: This is the newest remake of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple series. There are two Miss Marples, one in the first 3 seasons, the second for the last two. I love the first one, she is amazing. Not feeling the second o

No comments:

Post a Comment